Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ready to Rock n Roll...

Shawn is on day three of his very aggressive and intensive Chemotherapy treatment of five days a week for six-seven hours at a time. He will have two weeks off to recuperate and then start the treatments over again...this schedule will remain until the end of summer.

As of now, he has had little effects other than some dizziness and mild fatigue but the nurse said next week is when he will likely start feeling bad after multiple sessions of chemo start taking effect.
 







The medical team is OUTSTANDING. We are in good hands with both the Oncologist and the nurses that administer the chemo.


and...
We are in awe of the beautiful, sacrificing hearts of those around of us...to receive so many cards, letters and notes of concern, meals provided for, offers to help with the girls, the lawn...anything we might need...it's just flat taken our breath away. Thank you so much.


5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read about your sweet husband's cancer. I missed the last post. Hoping and praying his chemo treatments go well. I am so glad he has little ladies to love on him. I can't believe how big your girls are getting. They are just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melissa. I had no idea. I, too, missed your last post. It feels dumb to say "I wish I had known" - but I truly wish I had. I will be praying fervently for Shawn's treatment and for your whole family. Praying that the side effects are miraculously minimal and that God heals his body!

    Sending Prayers and Love & Hugs your way!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, you and Shawn and the little ones are in all of our prayers every day. You and Shawn walk with grace in your lives and are a true inspiration to the rest of us. Tell Shawn that we love him and everyone at WKYU is pulling for him.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete