Friday, April 10, 2009

Before the Great Wall Kicks My Hiney...

Since finding out we are heading to China in a few weeks, we are amping up our workouts because, if I'm going to see the Great Wall of China (which I LOVE to be our port city since I saw Hong Kong last time), then I want to really cover some ground. And Shawn, well...he just wants to be able to breath over there!

So I had to share this...anyone seen Slumdog Millionaire yet? Rent it, if you haven't, it should not be missed. This movie easily fell into my top 10 favorite of all time. It wows you with so much heart and soul and within minutes, you are INVOLVED. Who doesn't love movies like that?

At the end of the movie, there is a fun dance scene with the now academy-award winning song, Jai-Ho, by A.R. Rahman. I can't tell you how many times I have listened to this song and a few other of his songs on my ipod during my workouts since seeing the movie. I literally have to stop myself from breaking out into the dance number at the gym when I listen to this song!

Check it out and turn your speakers up really high and see if you don't feel like dancing:



See...fun! It's a craze on Youtube right now with a lot of people taping themselves doing the moves to the music, it's hilarious! Seriously though, dancing is one the ways I lost weight last year and still use it to stay in shape--a couple of nights a week I will let loose in my basement with some fun songs. It's easy, releases the stresses of the day, it doesn't feel like exercise and the best part, no rules! And I love it best when I have my little sidekick dancing right along with me.

Um...should I be admitting this? I guess I might as well, it's only a matter of time before Leah "outs" me. ;)

No comments: